Sunday 7 November 2010

Jackass 3D

I've seen a lot of ratings for this film, like the one star it got from 'Culture' and the three it got from 'Empire', and i've been trying to remember what the last two Jackass films were given. Failing to remember, I started to contemplate on whether i should go and see the film or not because if I had gone and the film was shit then it would have been upsetting for the Jackass team to have (apparently) ended on a low. However, I took that risk and left the cinema in a great mood.
The ratings that the film received from 'Culture' and 'Empire' completely underplay it. Yes, it has no structure; yes it has no story, but so what. It's Jackass after all. It's not meant to be anything serious. All it is meant to be is a bit of a giggle, and this is achieved completely. Personally, I love the Jackass team and the stunts they do, and they just keep getting better and better and the 3D was used to hilarious effect. But fair enough, it's not a film one could give full ratings for a magazine like 'Empire', so in that sense three stars is spot on. But for me it was Jackass at their very best, and because the film kept me laughing my head off throughout, i'd give it 5 stars. Remember though, only go to watch it if your in the mood for a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment