Wednesday 10 November 2010

Kid Cudi - Man on The Moon II: The Legend of Mr.Rager

Cudi is back and thank fuck he hasn't lost one ounce of talent. His intelligent lyrics and flawless flow from the first album have been directly transferred to his second to create a masterpiece once again. Producer Emile plays a large part in this album once again and, once again, he delivers. His dark, ominous beats compliment Cudi's individual style in such a way that anybody listening can't help but go absolutely oriental. The album also features producer No I.D. who is a regular producer of Drake's music. If only Drake had featured on this album. I have considered Kid Cudi and Drake to be the biggest and most talented artists around at the moment for a while now. Both are flawless in my view. I guess I'll have to wait longer now for their collaboration. The album undoubtedly gets a five star rating. The best tracks for me are  'Scott Mescudi Vs. The World' featuring Cee-Lo, 'Don't Play This Song' featuring Mary J.Blige, 'Ashin Kusher', 'Mr.Rager' and 'Trapped In My Mind'. Just bloody buy it.

2 comments:

  1. yo come on man "intelligent lyrics" are you serious? Cudis strengthhs are his melodies, not his lyrics.. his lyrics are average at best (there are few standout tracks, but most of his lyrics are average). I miss this guy straioght up rapping sometimes... listen to "All Along" what a shit track, terrible. It seems like cudi is autopilot mode man not putting the effort in.
    This is the type of album you really have to be in the mood for. Like one of those dark times. you can't really listen each song individually, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to disagree with you mate but fair enough. All along isnt one of his best but i wouldn't go as far as saying its shit. Quality album in my opinion. I agree his melodies are his biggest strength but his lyrics are intelligent in my opinion. But yeh, i wouldn't say every one of his songs had intelligent lyrics in them.

    ReplyDelete